A stirring challenge competition: Let’s cook up the best urban food for Helsinki
How does a truly sustainable urban food feel, taste and look like? What is your powerful idea that has the potential to get Finland and Finnish urban food on the world map?
Share your idea in the Smart & Clean challenge. The idea-cooks and other experts are invited to work on the best proposals in May and they have the possibility to win a free dinner or tickets to Allas Sea Pool.
Smart & Clean wants to envision with you a truly sustainable urban food ecosystem in the Helsinki Metropolitan Area. Truly sustainable refers to the following: the ecosystem is economically viable, it operates according to the circular economy principles, it is low carbon and optimises natural resources, food waste is minimised, nutrients are cycled, food furthers health and well-being of citizens.
How to join the conversation?
The urban food conversation takes place on the Smart & Clean digital platform. Follow the registration instructions (below), get on board and share your aspiring idea either in English or Finnish in the following way:
- Describe your groundbreaking idea (max half A4)
- Who could make the idea come true? Who are the collaborators
- What is the envisioned impact
- Introduce yourself shortly
Through joining the platform, you will get a chance to be part of the growing urban food community, network online with other doers and experts, find interesting articles on the topic and further develop other people’s ideas. The challenge competition closes 30th April, so now is time to act!
Together with relevant actors and experts the aim is to identify world-changing operating models to create a future-fit urban food system. Smart & Clean motto is ‘Do Do Do’, so we will make a concrete change by bringing together ideas and doers. To create a circular food ecosystem we need doers from local food production to restaurants, schools, logistics, digital solutions…just to mention a few. After the competition we will continue to develop the ideas and the aim is to get an ambitious change project off the ground in the autumn 2018 bringing together private and public actors.
Instructions for signing to Solved -platform:
- Go to: https://smartclean.solved.fi/login and click on sign up.
- Type in your email as a user name and choose a secure password. Agree to Terms and Conditions and press continue.
- A six-digit number will be sent to your email (if you can’t find it in your inbox after a moment, please check your trash box)
- Enter the six-digit number into the new window, and proceed to the profile completion wizard.
- After completing your profile, you will be added to Urban Food project page by Solved staff.
If you already have a Solved profile/account, you can register to the new Smart & Clean Solved platform with your existing profile and password on Friday 13.4., when your profile has been automatically transfered to the new version of the platform by Solved staff. In case you have any difficulties in joining the platform or the Urban Food project page, please contact: email@example.com
More info about the Urban Food project: Lilli Linkola, firstname.lastname@example.org